Home Course Dates Course Descriptions How to book
DATA Health and Safety Courses
Specialist Extension Level Course (Refresher Training)
S1/7/8HS - Woodworking Machinery
Delegates will need to provide evidence of previous training (photocopy or electronic file sent by e-mail). In the event that a delegate has previous certification in only 2 out of the three they will be able to do the practical experience but not be accredited.
The training will consist of :
1. Directly supervised training using the circular saw.
2. Directly supervised use of planer thicknesser, then manufacture a push stick.
2. Construction of a trophy on a bandsaw.
3. Directly supervised training using a chop saw.
4. Following a revision demonstration on the wood lathe, delegates will choose from a selection of mini projects.
Useful Tools and Equipment - Click on image for link to supplier
|75mm Forstner bit||
|Giant Paper Clip Kits||
Letter Opener Kits
Pull Cord Kits
40 Year Calendar
DfES Teachernet Guidance