Home Course Dates Course Descriptions How to book
Terms and Conditions (updated 8 February 2018)
1. A purchase order made out to LKC Training Ltd (Company Number : 06520484) and the e-mail address of the finance office is required for each set of course bookings, so that I know that the training has been approved.
2. Invoices are sent by e-mail only.
3. Payment is due 7 days prior to course date (BACS preferred).
4. Late Payment. In the event of late payment, the Company may charge interest on the amount outstanding before and after judgement at the rate of eight (8) percent from the due date until date of payment
5. Courses will only run if the minimum number of delegates have paid for their courses. Delegates will be informed if a course is cancelled at least 7 days in advance of the course date, and a mutually convenient substitute date will be offered at no extra charge.
6. Delegates for refresher training either at Frome College or a host school must provide evidence that previous training has been undertaken, even if it exceeds the recommended 5 year span. Technicians new to D&T in education but have extensive industrial experience and have not been given the opportunity to attend training courses, may complete a self certification form on which they can describe their industrial background and apply for exemption from initial training and so attend refresher training.
(Click HERE for self certification form);
7. When training takes place in a host school;
(a) Teachers must be relieved of teaching and other responsibilities for the duration of the training.
(b) Any machinery used must have have been checked in the previous 12 months by a person competent to do so and paperwork to support this available if necessary. LKC training Ltd reserves the right to refuse to undertake training on any machine deemed to be dangerous by the the trainer on the day. No refund would apply in such a situation.
(c) Any portable appliances must carry current PAT certification
8. Accommodation: If the course venue is more than 1½ hours from BA3 4TE, according to AA route planner, I will stay overnight the night before to ensure a prompt start. Accommodation will be charged at cost (Travelodge or equivalent), plus a meal allowance.
If training takes place over 2 consecutive days accommodation for the night in between will be charged at cost plus an evening meal allowance.
9. If a booking needs to be re-arranged the following scale of charges apply:
Individuals - £20 per course
Schools - £60 per day (4 hours)
Schools - £100 per day (6 hours)
10. If a booking is cancelled after the payment has been received the following scale of refunds apply:
More than 1 month - 80%
More than 7 days and less than 1 month - 50%
Less than 7 days - No refund
11. Certificates can only be issued by DATA, and are valid for 5 years. The current charge is £24 per person. From Sept 2015 that will be added to each invoice as a separate item, and will be forwarded to DATA who will issue the certificate.